World Research Group is an American based conference and training development company that helps individuals and organisation make better use of the latest business strategies and solutions to achieve their goals. To date the group has held over 50 annual events providing face to face learning opportunities for greater learning and sharing of knowledge and best practises as well as a networking environment for like minded people and experts. With the Open Innovation Summit, the group have pulled together leading authorities from blue chip high profile names such as Nokia, Glaxo Smith Kline and Philips, amongst others to share their challenges and successes with open innovation.
The summit will feature a special presentation entitled "Jumping on the Open Innovation Band Wagon; Oh What a Tune it Plays" by Mike Rainone, award winning columnist for Product Design and Development magazine. With over 20 years experience in this area, Mike will discuss the advantages and drawbacks of open innovation, and the challenges it has presented in both US and European markets. Other prominent speakers featuring at the conference include;
- Nicole Russell, Manager, Open Innovation, GlaxoSmithKline
- Todd Boone, Director, Open Innovation, Psion
- Nicolas Bry, Senior VP, Innovation Marketing Group, Orange Vallée
- Jason Berns, Director, Open Innovation, Under Armour
- Katja van der Wal, Director, Open Innovation, Philips Consumer Lifestyle
- Kamel Chida, Associate Director, Open Innovation Europe, General Mills
- keynote address on how open innovation can be used effectively despite the current financial climate
- case studies featuring Lego and Nokia, and their successes thanks to effective use of crowdsourcing and open innovation
- panel discussions on developing and promoting a culture of open innovation
- live debate on the viability of a market for open innovation platforms
- discussion on the integral role social media plays on driving and influence open innovation ventures.